Are you inspired by book titles? If so, then there is a quick and super fun contest for you…
You will need to:
1. Create a poem using the spine titles from any books (here is my first entry)
2. Take a digital picture of your poem
3. Create a free account on Library Thing
4. Upload the photo to your Library Thing member gallery. Sign in, then go here and click the “Add another picture” link to add the image.*
5. When adding the image, tag it “SpinePoetry2012″. This will add your image to the contest gallery, and counts as your entry into the contest. If your photo doesn’t have the tag, we won’t know that you’ve entered. You’ll be able to see all the entries here.
6. Tell Library Thing about it in the “Title/description” box. You can include a list of the books you used, a transcription of the poem if you want, any explanation, &c.
7. Have fun…
Deadline: Add your photos by 4 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 7.
For more information and prize details: Book Spine Poetry Contest
Here is another example by Michael